The NUST Journal of International Peace and Stability (NJIPS) values the invaluable relationship with its contributing authors and holds in high regard the personal information of our contribution and protection of their privacy. This policy utilizes different sets of tools therein and sets out the basis on which the NJIPS processes (i.e. collects, stores, and otherwise use) any personal information which our authors provide to us (or the data that we obtain about our authors from other sources).
Please read this policy carefully as it embeds the details about what our authors can expect from the NJIPS. In addition to the protection parameters set in place to ensure maximum privacy of the data received, the policy also cites our contact details in case our published authors and/or potential contributing authors feel the urge to question or raise concerns about how we at NJIPS handle personal data(s) of our authors.
Legal rights regarding data protection exist to protect our contributors against an institution’s mishandling of their private and personal information. It is important that as contributors to this journal, you must go through this privacy statement in order to understand how to exercise your rights with respect to NJIPS’s processing of your personal information.
Process of collecting your personal information:
Our contributors may provide us with information when they are:
- Accessing our websites which includes information that you provide when you register to the NJIPS website, report a problem with our site or request content or other information from our editorial team.
- Corresponding with us by post, telephone, and email or otherwise regarding the journal.
The information you may provide us includes your name, mailing address, email address, contact number, academic institution, affiliation, job title, subject specialization area of expertise..
We may also process certain essential personal information about you which you may not have provided to us but which we deem to be necessary for our journal. We may collect that data through a public domain which includes information such as your contact details or your research interests (only in cases wherein the said details have not been provided by you as an author/contributor directly). We will inform you as soon as we can and you have the right to object to this and unsubscribe to any form of communication with us.
Cookies – The NJIPS digital portal does collect technical information from your computer or any other device you may use to access our website when you visit our website. Cookies (small text files installed on your computer) are used to give you the best possible experience when you visit our website.
Your rights in respect of your personal information:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- To require us to erase your personal information;
- To require us to restrict our data processing activities;
- Where our processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent (without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- Where the processing is carried out by automated means, to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you (including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller)
- To object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Your acceptance of these terms:
You can view the Copy Editing Policy, Copyright Policy and Plagiarism Policy on the links given below.